Al-Raida, or The Pioneer, is the Institute’s bi-annual interdisciplinary journal first published in May 1976, three years after the founding of the Institute. Al-Raida amplifies the voices of and sheds light on the lived experiences of women in the Arab region by promoting scholarship on and by Arab women, in addition to providing a space for researchers, policy-makers, practitioners and students to address gender equality and women’s issues in the Arab region.
Today, Al- Raida’s identity evolved, as it reached its 40 years with over 150 issues published of the journal. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of our Pioneer, IWSAW in collaboration with eScienta digitized the entire collection of our journal, enabling everyone to have access to 40 years of research on/by Arab women, and gender issues in the region!
The project to digitize of Al-Raida by making it searchable by article, author, title, theme, country and key words is of enormous benefit to scholars, researchers, practitioners, policymakers and many others – in the Arab region and around the world!
The entire collection is accessible online at www.alraidajournal.com - Themes addressed include: GBV, incarcerated women, prostitution, CEDAW, women’s movements, gender quotas, photography, performing arts, LGBTIQ, refugees, Muslim feminism – and others!
For subscriptions or submissions: http://iwsaw.lau.edu.lb/publications/al-raida/
- Arab Countries in Transition: Gender Rights and Constitutional Reforms - Conference Proceedings: Part 2
- Arab Countries in Transition: Gender Rights and Constitutional Reforms - Conference Proceedings: Part 1
- Women and Photography
- Non-thematic Issue
- Transforming the World of Work for Gender Equality in the Arab Region
- Arab Women in Latin America
- Gender-Based Violence in the Arab World
- Citizenship and Gender in the Arab World
- Family Responsibilities and Women’s Employability
- Gender Quotas and Parliamentary Representation
- العنف القائم على أساس النوع الاجتماعي في العالم العربي
- المواطنية والنوع الإجتماعي في العالم العربي
- مسؤولية العائلة وقابلية المرأة على التوظف
- الحصص الجندرية والتمثيل البرلماني
- المرأة، والناشطية، والفنون
- نساء غير عربيات في العالم العربي
- الحركات النسائية العربية
- الجنسانية والنساء العربيات
- النساء العربيات في المجتمع المدني
- للنساء حقوق أينما كن